Please tell me how can I convert my document from PDF to JPG images. If possible, I would like to do this work in some program (it's just that there is no Internet on the work computer (if only distributed from the phone)).
Thanks in advance, Alexandra.
In general, if you have not too large and complex PDF documents, then the task is solved quickly enough. Below in the article I will give several working options that I often use myself ...
👉 Perhaps useful!
PDF to WORD (DOCX): 10 ways to convert - see instructions
Converting PDF to JPG
Option 1: automatically convert all pages of the document
The first method, in my opinion, is one of the most convenient and fastest. No matter how many sheets you have in your document, each of them will be automatically converted to a JPG image (the names of the received images will also be given automatically) .
You can do this with free utilities STDU Viewer (I previously recommended it on a blog). In general, this program allows you to open and process a large set of office documents: PDF, DjVu, XPS, TIFF, TXT, BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, etc. An irreplaceable office assistant!
Below I will consider in it directly converting PDF to JPG.
1) After installing and running the program, click on the menu "File / Open" (or the combination of buttons Ctrl + O, see the screen below) ... Next, select your PDF file.
STDU Viewer - open file
2) When the file will open - go back to the menu "File" and select the function "Export -> as image" .
Export as Image
3) Then you need to set the following parameters:
- file type : JPEG (several formats are available to choose from: JPEG, GIF, BMP, etc.);
- resolution : 600 DPI (this directly affects the quality of the resulting images, so it is better to set the maximum);
- exported pages : all;
- directory : where the received pictures will be saved.
4) The export time depends on the size of the processed document and the performance of your PC. Usually, all this happens quickly enough (1-5 minutes for an average book ...).
The process has begun ...
Option 2: processing complex documents (single sheets)
If you are dealing with large and complex-structured PDF documents, the capabilities of the previous utility may not be enough ...
In this case, I would recommend trying the free office suite 👉 Libre Office. It comes with the Draw program - it allows you not only to convert certain sheets of PDF to JPG, but also to edit it (which can be very useful).
I will show the solution to our problem with one simple example ...
1) After launching Libre Office - in the menu on the left open the tool "Drawing Draw" (however, you can immediately click on the "file / open file" menu and specify the PDF document - Libre Office will automatically determine where to open it ...).
2) Next press the combination Ctrl + O (open file) and specify the required document.
3) Then find the page you want (which you want to convert to JPG) and click on the menu "File / Export" .
Export the desired page
4) Next, specify the format in which you need the picture (instead of JPEG, you can choose GIF, BMP, PNG, etc.) and click "Save".
Save page in JPG format
Option 3: universal (any document can be converted)
If your PDF file is not broken and it was opened for reading in at least one of some programs - consider that its conversion to JPG is possible (though if the 2 previous programs did not help - the task can become troublesome ...).
We are talking here about such a simple technique as creating a screenshot of the screen - i.e. first you customize the display of the page you need, and then click on the button Print Screen and save everything (that was displayed on the screen) to a picture ...
Create a screenshot of the desired window
I think this method does not need additional comments (I leave a couple of links on working with screenshots below).
1) How to take a screenshot: a Windows window, a game screen, a frame from a video (including with arrows and explanations).
2) Print Screen does not work, I can not take a screenshot - see the instructions
Option 4: working with scans
If you receive PDF files by scanning documents, and then often convert them to the image format (JPG), then using the 👉 ABBY Fine Reader program, you can significantly speed up this work.
It allows not only to directly scan documents, but also can open any previously created files, pictures, scans and convert them to a new format.
In addition, with its help, you can get text from scans and translate it into Word for further processing (a similar task is also encountered quite often).
Minus : The full version of ABBY Fine Reader is quite expensive. Not every PC has the ability to use it ...
Welcome to ABBY Fine Reader
👉 To help!
How to scan a document to a computer from a printer (MFP). And then, from the scans (images), get the text.
Option 5: using a virtual printer
This method is one of the most versatile, fast, with a large number of functions and settings (which allows you to get JPG images of the required size, with cropping, with modified geometry, etc.). But before showing an example of how it works, a few words below ...
The essence : specials are installed in the system. driver (this is the virtual printer) ... It will allow, when printing from any program, to send files not to a real printer, but to it - and instead of printing, it will simply convert each sheet to the format you need (for example, to the same JPEG). Conveniently? Conveniently!
The main disadvantage : In some cases (rarely) this virtual printer driver may conflict with the real one. Therefore, I did not put this method in the first place (of course, if you do not have a printer, then you have nothing to fear ...).
Required program : https://www.print-driver.ru/
It is a universal document converter that works by installing a virtual printer driver on your system. Supports export in 8 formats: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, PCX, DCX or BMP.
I'll show you how to work with this program with a simple example.
1) And so, we have a PDF document open in some program. The first thing we need to do is send it to seal (key combination Ctrl + P).
Print document (Ctrl + P)
2) In the graph "A printer" point out "Universal Document Converter" (this option should appear after installing the virtual printer) .
Next, I would recommend to go to "Properties" this printer.
Selecting a virtual printer
3) In the properties, you can set a fairly large number of parameters (see example below) : I specified only the export format - JPEG.
File format selection
4) After that, you just have to click OK, select the folder (where the JPEG files will be saved) and wait for the operation to finish.
Let's print ...
I also cannot help but note that the network now has quite powerful and interesting online services for converting and processing the main formats of documents, images, videos (including JPG, PDF, etc.). For example, I Love PDF and PDF to Image are not bad at all.
True, if you work with documents containing confidential information (which happens often) , nevertheless, you should not use them (you never know ...).
But the method, in itself, is quite working and can help out in difficult times (for example, when there is no PC / laptop with the necessary programs at hand).
That's all for now.
Add-ons are welcome ...
All the best!
- Video Editing Great software to start creating your own videos (all steps follow!). Even a beginner will make a video!
- Computer accelerator A program for cleaning Windows from garbage (speeds up the system, removes garbage, optimizes the registry).
* .PDF files are widely used in the exchange of data on the Internet, because this format ensures that the recipient sees the content exactly as it was sent. Often the user needs to convert * .PDF pages to images for use in a variety of applications. In this article, we will look at a way to convert PDF files using a special application; its advantage is that it can be used for large volumes of work and it is absolutely free.
The advantage of PDFs is that they look the same on any medium, but the disadvantage is that they are often difficult to modify except with paid software solutions. To reuse part of a PDF document or change the order of materials within a file, you may need to convert it to an image. This can be done in an elementary way using screenshots - screenshots, but there is a more effective method that will allow you to process a large number of pages in a few clicks.
Consider using a fairly well-known tool PDFCreator ... It is a virtual printer used to convert any type of document to * .PDF format. The program also offers the export of file contents in the image format * .JPEG and * .PNG. Let's take a step-by-step look at how this can be done.
🌗 Convert PDF file to JPEG image
First, let's open the PDF document. In the example we are using a free calendar from the site gosmira.ru , it is opened in a free PDF reader Foxit Reader ... The program has all the functions you need to fully view PDF files.
Download Foxit Reader
1️⃣ - Click on the first ribbon on the "File" menu, then select "Print". Or choose to print on the Quick Access Toolbar.
2️⃣ - The print window appears. If the printer named PDFCreator is not selected by default, select its "Name" from the drop-down menu at the top.
3️⃣- If you want to extract certain pages or, conversely, make several copies of the same page, define your preferences in this window and confirm with "OK".
4️⃣ - In the opened PDFCreator window select a profile. The program offers a choice of three types of image files: JPEG, PNG and TIFF.
5️⃣ - in this window you can configure the name of the file and the directory in which it will be saved. If the PDF document to be converted contains multiple pages, PDFCreator will automatically add a number to the name of each image file.
6️⃣ - clicking on the "Save" button will command PDFCreator to create as many JPEG images as there are pages specified for conversion.
7️⃣ - Usually the result is immediately displayed in the default viewer. If not, the PDFCreator menu window will remind you of the directory where the images were saved.
Using the arrow on the right of the "Open" button, you can navigate to the folder and view the generated files.
8️⃣ - Going to the image file viewer, we can see that PDFCreator actually created a PNG image that matches our calendar in excellent quality.
- Unlike the original * .PDF file, converted images in JPEG, PNG, TIFF formats are easy to manipulate, inserting them into office documents or editing.
- PDFCreator software allows you to convert * .PDF files to images, as well as convert images back to * .PDF format.
How to set up predictive text input in Windows 10
How to open * .RAW files in Windows 10
How to set up Windows 10 Narrator
Windows 10 built-in cleaning
Windows kernel security vulnerabilities
Three New Edge Browser Features To Make Your Life Easier
WhatsApp for Windows 10 and macOS
Browser ad blockers
Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts
How to activate and deactivate Windows 10 Defender
Antivirus for Windows 10
Finding files in Windows 10
Windows 10 WiFi password
How to convert PDF to JPG
Just drag and drop the PDF files into the box above and we will convert them for you. Then you can select the images you want and save them to your computer.
Safe online conversion
Your PDF and JPG files will be removed from our servers one hour after conversion. No one except you can access these files - we guarantee data protection.
Supports all platforms
The PDF to JPG application runs in a browser, which means it works on all platforms. OS doesn't matter: Windows, Mac or Linux. The main thing is a modern browser.
Convert all images from PDF
Once converted, the JPG files are provided as separate images ready for download. You can also download all images at once as a zip archive.
JPG format for good quality
JPG is the most widely used image format on the Internet. Our service always creates just JPG files, even if the images in your PDF were in other formats.
Extracting images from your PDF is done in the cloud, so your computer resources are not used and you can open this PDF to JPG converter from anywhere in the world.