If you think that such a delicacy as jamon is impossible to cook at home, then I want to convince you otherwise and suggest using my quick step-by-step recipes with photos and videos. You will see that you will definitely succeed, because cooking is easy!
Recipe for making pork jamon at home
Kitchenware: large plastic bucket; board; knife; twine; Libra. Time for preparing: 2.5 months.
|nitrite salt||2 tsp|
|coarse salt||10 Kg|
Recipe step by step
- Pour about 3 cm of salt into a deep container (plastic bucket). Wipe the shank with 2 teaspoons of nitrite salt on all sides and place in a bucket.
- Top with the remaining salt and tamp.
- Place the bucket in a cold place for 9 days, during which you need to check and turn the shank, and if necessary, re-sprinkle it with dry salt.
- Wipe the salt off the shank and hang it at room temperature for about 6-8 hours.
- After that, hang it in a room or refrigerator at a temperature of 8-12 degrees for 2 months.
Video of the recipe for pork knuckle jamon at home
Watch this video recipe in order to find out how to make salting correctly and how the meat will turn out in the end.
- If the pork fat after the drying process is white, then your ham is not spoiled and cooked correctly.
- The use of nitrite salt will preserve the beautiful shade of the meat and prevent decay processes.
- If, after drying, the weight of the shank has decreased by 25-30%, then it is ready.
Recipe for making wild boar jamon at home
Time for preparing: at least 25 days. Kitchenware: small bowl; tray (baking sheet); knife; large deep bowl; a piece of gauze (1-1.5 m); twine.
|hind leg of a young boar||1 PC.|
|coarse salt||10 Kg|
Recipe step by step
- To remove excess moisture from the meat, put it on a small bowl, put it on a tray (baking sheet) and keep it in a cool place for about 1 day. Cut off any films that cover the meat with a knife. Peel 1 head of garlic, cut it into slices and, making small cuts in the meat with a knife, stuff it. Rub a handful of dry thyme on top of the boar leg.
- Pour 2 kg of salt into a deep large bowl, put your leg on it and add 3 kg of salt, tamping it well.
- Place the bowl in a cool place and leave it there for 10 days.
- During this time, check the condition of the meat daily, add and tamp salt.
- Rinse your leg of the salt, pat it dry, wrap it with gauze and hang it on a piece of string in a cold place for 2 weeks.
Wild Boar Jamon Recipe Video
You can see all the stages of making jamon according to this recipe with a description of each of them in this short video.
- Garlic and thyme will give the meat a spicy aroma and rich taste.
- The longer the meat is dried, the tastier it is (from 2 weeks to several months).
Recipe for making lamb jamon at home
Time for preparing: 3 months. Kitchenware: board; baking sheet; twine.
|leg of lamb||1 PC.|
|coarse salt||3-4 kg|
Recipe step by step
- Put about 500 g of salt on a baking sheet and place the leg of lamb on top of it.
- Sprinkle all the meat on top with the remaining salt and its excess on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in a cool place for 7-9 days.
- Clean your leg of salt, rinse it under cold running water and hang it in a cold place for 2-2.5 months.
Lamb Leg Jamon Recipe Video
You can clearly see all the nuances of making lamb jamon according to this recipe in this video.
- If the salt is heavily saturated with moisture from the meat, then it must be replaced with fresh dry.
- The salt should be compacted and checked once every 2 days.
Other recommended dishes
- You can just as easily cook at home and dry-cured sausage, and if you live in a private house and you have a smokehouse, you can easily cope with the preparation of "smoked sausage".
- If you follow all the step-by-step instructions, you can easily cook at home and pork sausage, and no less delicious dietary chicken sausage.
- I want to draw your attention to the fact that it is worth carefully studying the recipes, watching the videos for them in order to find the most delicious homemade sausage recipes.
I'm curious to know how delicious your homemade ham turned out to be and which recipe you followed. Write your feedback in the comments!
Many housewives are ready to do much to surprise guests with a new dish, so unusual and tasty that guests will remember it until the next celebration.
Jamon is dry-cured pork (pre-salted) thinly sliced. This dish is considered a Spanish delicacy. Made from a hind leg (ham). Even in ancient times in Spain, a pork carcass fed with acorns was prepared in this way. It is the feed that plays a key role here, because the taste of the cooked meat depends on it. In case you are not ready to raise a pig and feed it the way the ancient Spaniards fed, you can use recipes for making jamon at home.
Jamon in the original: in Spain at home
In order to prepare this product in the original, this process should be divided into three stages:
1. Salt the pork leg in sea salt for 14 days. Fat, from which, is pre-cut, and the room is well ventilated. The air temperature in the room should not be lower than 0 degrees and not higher than + 5C.
2. Having washed and dried a piece of meat (you can hang it in the room), the level of humidity and air temperature rise, but so slowly that the preparation of the meat took at least 12 months.
3. An expert cook checks the pork by pricking it with a knitting needle.
Of course, such a recipe is unlikely to be suitable for city housewives, so connoisseurs of this dish have come up with several faster cooking methods.
Step by step cooking jamon in Russia, at home
In our Russian climatic conditions, it is quite difficult to make a delicacy in the original. But if you adhere to the following rules during cooking, it will turn out no worse.
· The main ingredient after pork is salt, which acts not only as a preservative, but also gives a special taste to this dish.
· Ideally, the salted meat should be transferred to the cellar, if this is not possible, a refrigerator will do. The amount of time for aging the meat is calculated based on its weight: 1kg = 1 day. The best taste is achieved after a week of aging, as the salt has time to be distributed throughout the ham, soaked in and displace excess moisture.
· Take out the pork, rinse, and leave it open for a couple of days, while the room should be warm enough, at least 30C.
Next, the meat is placed for a long time in a dark, warm place, where it is aged from 6 months to several years.
Having achieved complete drying of the ham, it is placed in a cool place - a cellar or balcony for a period of at least 36 months
This recipe is as close to the original as possible, the wait is really long, but the result is really worth it, because jamon is like an expensive cognac, which only gets better from time to time.
The bone left over from the ham can be used to make pea soup or borscht.
A faster way to make jamon at home
Connoisseurs of this delicacy will love the recipe below, in which there is no tedious waiting, and everything is quite simple - cook and enjoy!
We will need:
- loin (1kg.)
- sugar (1kg.)
- sea salt (2kg.)
1. Thoroughly mix sugar with sea salt and grate pork.
2. Lowering the meat into a container or basin and press down with a press. Leave for at least three days.
3. Twice a day the pork should be turned over, as well as the oozing liquid should be drained.
4. After the due date, take out the meat and wrap it in a towel to dry.
5. Roll the dried pork in spices.
6. Wrap the piece in a thin cloth (you can take gauze) and rewinding it tightly enough with a rope, hang it on the balcony. The exposure time is from 5 to 15 days.
The delicacy obtained in this way has a great advantage - it does not deteriorate for a very long time (up to 12 months). So that the meat in the place of the cut does not wind up, it is advisable to grease it with melted butter.
There are also several secrets in slicing ham. For example, in Spain there is a certain profession for this - cortador. Perfectly thin slices are cut using a long and sharpened knife and a meat stand called "jamoner". This exotic delicacy will melt in your mouth, especially if the proportion of thickness is observed - the slices should be almost transparent.
This product is used as one of the ingredients in a salad or soup, an appetizer or a main course.
Storing jamon at home
Particular attention should be paid to the fact that this delicacy cannot be stored in the refrigerator. The optimum temperature at which it does not deteriorate and retains its taste is 15 - 20C heat.
If mold is found on the ham during storage, do not be alarmed, since this is absolutely natural. This mold is a product of natural origin, which only confirms once again that all technical features were observed in the manufacture of dried ham. You should also not cut off the mold - it can be easily removed with gauze dipped in olive oil or melted butter.
How to serve jamon at home
If the whole ham was cooked, then it should be cut into thin slices, using a special device - a hamoneer, or with a sharp long knife. This process should only be done manually, as the Spaniards believe that automated fixtures greatly reduce the quality of the product.
In order to achieve a harmony of taste, jamon should be served with such products as:
- fresh vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes) + greens
- mushrooms + pickles
- cheeses, especially hard varieties
- salmon fish
- lemon, orange, tangerine
- melon, pieces of which are served wrapped in jamon slices
Tip: If you purchased a finished product in a store - before getting on the table, it must lie down without packaging, at room temperature for at least half an hour, this will restore its taste, especially if the pork was vacuum packed.
They eat jamon only with their hands, without bread, moreover, serving sandwiches with this delicacy is considered bad form.
As an appetizer, pork jerky is served with red wines, nuts or olives.
Homemade Citrus Salad with Jamon
- pear (2pcs)
- lemon (half)
- cauliflower (400gr)
- jamon (400gr)
· Boil a few heads of cauliflower and crush it to a state of gruel.
Cut the pear into small cubes
Peel two to three lemon slices and add finely to the salad
Stir the resulting mixture
Garnish the salad with jamon slices and parsley leaves
Mushroom salad with jamon
- champignons (300gr)
- olives (200gr)
- quail eggs (10 pieces)
- avocado (200gr)
- bread (250gr)
- jamon (350gr)
Fry mushrooms and finely diced bread in butter
Chop the avocado finely and crumble the eggs
Add the sliced jamon and season the salad with olive oil
Before serving, lettuce should be infused for half an hour, at room temperature
Nut salad with ham
- walnut (200gr)
- almonds (200gr)
- sweet pepper (400gr)
- figs (300gr)
- asparagus (400gr)
- jamon (500gr)
Mix chopped nuts with the rest of the finely chopped salad elements. Optionally, garnish with lemon wedges, or drip a few drops of lemon juice.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- butter (1 tablespoon)
- olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- jamon (300gr)
- pork broth (250ml)
- dry white wine (250ml)
- calf escalopes (400gr)
Place a sage leaf on each escalope. Roll the jerky meat into rolls, wrapping each escalope in them. Fry in butter over low heat for 3 - 5 minutes. After turning off, leave to languish for 10 - 15 minutes. Pour dry wine and broth before serving.
- heavy cream (100ml)
- hard cheese (50gr)
- lettuce leaves (50gr)
- jamon (250gr)
- egg (10pcs)
Using a mixer, mix cream, eggs and cheese (grated), add finely chopped jerky and chopped lettuce. Mix everything again. Bake in the oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
Gourmet advice: In order to fully reveal all the facets of the taste of this delicacy, gourmets recommend the following scheme:
- After taking a sip of dry red wine, put a thin slice of jamon in your mouth and after a few seconds seize it with a couple of olives.
An important factor in the process of making a ham is its cutting, which should be discussed in more detail.
Hamonera is a wooden stand on which a dried ham is placed with a hoof and secured with clamps. The meat is sliced with a long knife with a narrow blade.
In conclusion, we can say that the recipe for making jamon is quite simple (salt and hang a piece of meat), but it is rather difficult to do it at home, especially without having a warm, well-ventilated room at hand. But still, at least once it is worth trying to cook jamon on your own, because they can diversify many dishes.
For example, jamon is often used in soups and seafood dishes. Pasta, salads and even pizza take on a whole new flavor with the addition of a few slices of ham.
Which meat eater does not like dry-cured delicacies? Properly cooked meat will be both tasty and healthy (in refutation of the opinion of Bulgakov's professor Preobrazhensky). Of course, the highest quality products are quite expensive. Therefore, when looking at the price tag of a Spanish ham, it is easier to convince yourself that there is “solid cholesterol”. And if you still want the finest jerky meat? It doesn't matter, you can learn how to cook delicacies at home, and even the famous Spanish ham.
Jamon as it is
Jamon is dry-cured pork. It is believed that it is prepared exclusively from pork ham. Although the Spaniards use other parts of the carcass to prepare their national dish. Therefore, when determining a specific type of delicacy, the type of cut used is often mentioned. Making real jamon at home is very difficult. Especially in a city apartment.
Problems begin already at the stage of finding the right raw material. For real Spanish ham, only the meat of Iberian pigs, which are bred in the Iberian Peninsula, is suitable. Moreover, these pigs are also fed on a strictly defined diet, consisting almost entirely of acorns. And the acorns themselves should be only from cork oak.
If the pigs were of a different breed or ate a different food, the correct jamon will not work. It won't taste like that.
Therefore, to make jamon at home, we need to raise a pig of the desired breed, feeding it exclusively with acorns from cork oaks. And you will also need a room with special installations used for drying the product.
Jamon production technology
Interestingly, there are no secrets of making real jamon. The Spaniards have made it at home for centuries and did not consider it to be some kind of national treasure. On an industrial scale, the delicacy began to be produced quite recently. The whole process can be divided into several main stages.
1. First, the ham is pre-processed. All excess fat and substandard places are cut off from it. Then the meat is very abundantly covered with sea salt, after which it is left for two weeks at a strictly maintained temperature - from zero to 5 degrees.
2. The meat is cleaned of salt, washed and dried. Then it is suspended for the drying or drying process. This process takes approximately 6-12 months. Precise temperature must be maintained during drying. At first, it is set to 7 ºC, and then it rises very gradually according to the schedule.
3. Maturation. This is also a very important process. Here, too, special conditions of temperature and humidity apply. And it can take up to one and a half years to ripen (for some manufacturers, even several months are enough).
4. Removing the sample. This is done by a highly qualified taster who is well versed in all the nuances of the aroma of ham. He pierces the product and determines the degree of readiness by smell.
As you can see, the cooking process, despite its seeming external simplicity (salted and hung up to dry), is actually very complicated. In addition to properly fed pigs of a special breed, to obtain a delicacy, equipment will be required to ensure constant maintenance of the required air parameters.
Jamon simplified version
However, there is no need to give up. The proposed recipe for making jamon at home will allow you to get a product that almost does not differ in taste from the original. Of course, for a completely authentic jamon, you will need a trip to Spain in order to purchase the correct pig. However, the differences between the delicacies obtained from different breeds can only be caught by a professional taster. But what you need is a basement and a well-ventilated room.
So, you need to take a good ham of a young pig weighing four kilograms. We clean the cut from all that is superfluous. We place it in a spacious container like a basin. We fill the meat with a lot of sea salt. We do not regret the salt, we take about 12 kg. For at least four days (based on a day per 1 kg), we keep the meat in a cool, dark place. Periodically turn the ham over - this is necessary for its even salting.
After a few days, the salted cut is cleaned of salt, washed and dried. Then we hang it for drying. It is very good if there is an opportunity to raise the temperature by 1 degree every week. We dry the meat for at least six months. After that, the ham must be moved to a cooler place for ripening. Here he should hang for at least another 3 months.
Accelerated cooking of jamon
The recipe described above will help to prepare an almost authentic jamon, which practically does not differ from the Spanish one. However, this method is not suitable for a city apartment. Therefore, we will describe one more option - the fastest and cheapest.
We do not need to dry a whole uncut ham together with bones (which is not very convenient in a city apartment). I need to buy a good piece of loin. Prepare a mixture for salting (salt and sugar in a 2: 1 ratio). We clean the cut from all that is superfluous and rub it liberally with a pickling mixture. We put the meat in a flat container (basin, large bowl) and press down with oppression. We put it in the refrigerator for 3 days. Twice a day you need to turn the meat over, draining the secreted liquid.
Dry salted pork with napkins. Rub with spices. The composition can be different. Be sure to use pepper, ground laurel, garlic, coriander. We wrap the cut in cheesecloth, pull it tight with twine and hang it in the shade on the balcony. An important point! Meat should not be exposed to heat. Therefore, if the temperature is too high, put the pork in the bottom of the refrigerator for a day. We hang on the balcony in the evening, at night.
After three to four days, the jamon prepared in this way can be eaten. But prolonged drying allows for a more pronounced taste. Therefore, it is better to keep the ham for at least 2-3 weeks.
The culture of eating jamon
During the drying process, the meat loses a lot of liquid and weight, due to which it becomes very dense. Cutting such a product is very difficult. In Spain there is a special profession of the cortador. This is a delicacy slicer, usually a rather sturdy man. However, the ham cooked at home using the accelerated technology is not so hard. A woman can also cut such a product.
But what is more important is to learn how to cut a delicacy into very thin strips. Jamon is not eaten in thick chunks. After slicing, you can grease the edge of the cut with fat or ghee. Then the product will not be weathered.
Jamon is a Spanish national delicacy, dry-cured pork ham and the most typical and most favorite product in Spain, which is also in demand far beyond the borders of this country. With some success, you can do it yourself at home.
To do this, you need to stock up on a good pork hind leg and good patience.
Cooking time: more than 1 year.
• pork leg; • coarse salt; optional • table vinegar; • flour; • hot pepper; • lard; • nitrite salt ;• water.
► The stage is preliminary. Get a good 10-13 kg pork leg with a thin layer of bacon. Cut off the excess nicely.
The skin for the ham is a must. Part of the hide should be left to protect it from excessive drying out.
► Stage 1. Salting.
It runs at a temperature of 2 to 5 degrees Celsius. Bury the leg in coarse salt.
The layer of salt should be at least 10 cm on all sides of the leg. Salting time is taken at the rate of 1.5 days per 1 kilogram of meat weight and an additional 3-4 days just in case. Salt should be in a leg-sized box with a hole in the bottom to remove liquid or other suitable container. Oppression weighing up to 20 kg is required. Without pressing, cavities will remain inside the ham, which is bad. They are also pressed in order to slightly align the leg in thickness, so that in the future all processes (alignment, sluggishness and maturation) go evenly in all parts of the leg. Break the salt several times if necessary. The ham should not touch the walls of the container; it should be laid with the cut down. Before putting in salt, sprinkle the leg with a solution of nitrite salt (20 grams per 1 liter of boiled water), paying special attention to the places around the bone. The solution needs 10% of the weight of the leg. You do not need to inject at your own peril and risk.
Sodium nitrite is officially used in an EU-certified product, and the skin must be hard after salting.
► Stage 2. Washing.
After the end of salting, the meat is quickly washed with very cold water from the salt residues with a brush.
After washing, leave for a couple of hours to drain and dry.
► Step 3. Alignment.
It is produced at a temperature of 3-6 ° C and a relative humidity of 80-90%. Duration from 35 to 45 days. At the same time, it ensures a gradual and uniform distribution of salt over the muscle mass and the subsequent removal of moisture from it. There should be a little ventilation. In the summertime, I recommend not to use attics, garages and other places where it is impossible to create the necessary temperature and humidity conditions. This will definitely lead to excessive drying of the product, it is quite problematic to fix it later.
The most suitable place is cellars and / or basements with constant temperature and humidity. If there is a lot of mold, then there is not enough ventilation and the humidity is too high. Now it is important to monitor the condition of the feet. And in the absence of such places, it is better to use climatic chambers - industrial, home-made, etc. .d.
Homemade cameras do not cost much, but you will not spoil the product with the cost of the camera itself.
► Step 4. Drying.
The leg is suspended vertically. Temperature 10-15 ° C. Duration up to 6 months. There should be some ventilation. After 3-4 months of drying or with a weight loss of more than 30%, coat the meat cut with olive oil when the temperature rises or dries.
But it is better to use a special putty: • bacon (internal fat) - 2 parts, • flour 1 part, • paprika 1 part, • a little red pepper and water to dilute to the consistency of sour cream.
This stops the excessive drying process. Wipe with alcohol or vinegar before applying the putty. It is not necessary to lubricate places with leather or lard.
If a lot of mold appears, then it must be wiped with alcohol or vinegar solution. A small amount of white mold indicates the naturalness of the product and compliance with production technology. You can simply wipe your foot with a linen or cotton cloth dipped in olive oil. Green mold is not good, but it can be remedied. Black mold - the product is spoiled. Don't risk it! It is imperative to provide protection against flies and other animals.
► Stage 5. Aging / maturation.
The temperature regime and draft are not so critical, but it is better to keep it in comfortable conditions, for example, a cellar at 10-15 ° С. The duration of this stage is up to 12 months.
If you plan to leave the ham to ripen for a longer period, then the temperature should be lowered to 5-10 ° C. The main criterion is 40% loss of the original weight and no more. It is necessary to monitor the condition of the leg.
► Stage 6. The most interesting.
• Quick wash with hot water with a brush against mold and efflorescence. • Quick drying with a hairdryer. so that the meat does not dry out.
There are a great many recipes for eating such meat.
It's nice just to savor with homemade grape wine.
Enjoy your meal!
Video version of the recipe:
Jamon - dry-cured pork from an animal's ham. This delicacy is made only from the meat of Iberian pigs, which must follow a diet of cork oak acorns throughout their lives. The homeland of this product is Spain. Various variations of jamon are prepared practically throughout its territory. Despite the complexity of the process, this delicacy can be made at home, and hard-to-find products can be replaced with cheaper counterparts.
Preparation for work
DIY jamon is tasty and moderately salty meat. Its preparation takes a lot of time, so before making a ham at home, you need to weigh all the risks and be patient.
Jamon is made using only two ingredients: meat and salt. A real delicacy is made from the pig's hind leg, which is covered with a lot of quality salt. This dehydrates the meat, after which it is dried for a long time. The longer this procedure lasts, the more valuable and expensive the finished product becomes.
The classic Spanish ham is made in two types: Serrano and Iberico. With the growth of its popularity and the increase in demand, chefs around the world began to come up with similar cooking options using other meat. Most often, you can find jamon, prepared according to the classic recipe, only from beef or lamb.
Making a jamon at home is not easy. This requires not only skill, but also a lot of free time. Few products are used for the delicacy, so it is available to almost everyone. Pork leg is inexpensive, and salt is always found in any kitchen.
Purchasing pork leg should be done from a reputable supplier or a reputable store. When choosing meat, you should pay attention to its quality, appearance, smell and fat content. It is on these factors that the taste of the finished product will depend. If any of them is in doubt, then it is better to refuse such a purchase and look for more attractive options. When choosing salt for a dish, its size should be taken into account. The ideal option would be to use coarse sea salt. If it is not there, then an ordinary stone one will do.
Chefs around the world have come up with a huge number of homemade ham recipes. Each of them is interesting in its own way, allowing you to get a unique taste of the finished delicacy. Beginners in this business should take into account that for a faster preparation of the dish, it is necessary to take the hams of young pigs. A good option for your first culinary experience is to use a loin.
This cooking method is the simplest and most frequently used one. The whole process of working with meat is simple, but it requires patience, accuracy and strict adherence to all the recommendations of professionals.
The classic recipe for dried pork leg involves the use of such ingredients: pork leg weighing at least four kilograms, coarse sea salt.
The cooking process is simple and includes the following steps:
- The ham of a young pig is taken and completely covered with sea salt. A deep wooden trough is perfect for salting meat. If it is not there, then any large deep container can be used. Salt will help the meat to become more resistant to environmental influences and prevent spoilage for a long period of time.
- The container is placed in a dark and cool place. Salting time depends on the weight of the ham. For each kilogram of it, one day of salting must be set aside. That is, if you have a five-kilogram ham, then you have to salt it for five days. It is very important to maintain a constant temperature of no more than five degrees in the room and a humidity of at least 80%.
- After the meat is salted, it is thoroughly washed with water to get rid of excess salt. After that, it is placed in a freezer and kept there for at least one and a half months. During this period, the salt will be distributed throughout the meat and evenly salted it.
- After the specified time has elapsed, the meat is removed from the freezer and suspended vertically in a well-ventilated room with suitable conditions for drying. It should be about seventeen degrees above zero and 70% humidity. These values should be maintained for four or five months of product drying.
- At the final stage of the process, the ham is placed in a cold and at the same time dark place (a basement is ideal). The storage temperature of the product should not exceed ten degrees.
- After a year and a half, the ham is ready to eat.
If this is not the first time you are preparing this delicacy and you know all the intricacies of the process, then you can check the product at the last stage of preparation. To do this, once every two months, it is necessary to pierce the ham with a special needle and monitor all the criteria for the quality of the product (smell, color, texture).
The Spanish recipe for jamon at home involves the use of a large amount of salt. This helps to salt the meat evenly and make it perfectly seasoned. To prepare such a jamon, you need to buy the following ingredients: young pig's ham - 4-5 kg, coarse sea salt - 10 kg.
This delicacy is prepared like this:
- The ham is pre-prepared for salting. To do this, all excess fat is cut off from it, after which the meat is slightly dried in the open air.
- Then the meat is rubbed with plenty of sea salt.
- The pork is transferred to a pre-prepared enamel bowl and salted for two weeks with the lid closed. The process should take place in a cool and dark place.
- Every two days the ham is turned over for even salting of all parts.
- At the end of the salting procedure, the ham is removed from the dishes and thoroughly washed with cold water.
- The surface of the meat is wrapped with gauze and hung from the ceiling for drying.
- The product is aged for about six months. During drying, the room temperature rises by one degree every week. This will remove unnecessary liquid and fat from the meat.
- After drying, the ham is sent to a cold place for three months. During this time, it will acquire a great taste, be saturated with aroma and will be ready for use.
This recipe will appeal to those who do not like to wait long, but want to get a truly delicious product. To speed up the process, a loin will be used instead of a ham.
The presence of various seasonings in the recipe will give a special flavor to the finished dish.
It will require: 1 kg of pork loin, 2 kg of coarse salt, 1 kg of granulated sugar, basil, a mixture of peppers, grated bay leaves, curry.
The manufacture of this product takes place in several stages:
- Pre-air-dried pork is sprinkled with a mixture of salt and sugar.
- The loin is transferred to an enamel container, and a load is placed on top. So the meat is aged for about three days. In the process of salting, it must be turned over several times a day and the resulting liquid must be drained.
- After three days, the meat is rubbed with a spice mixture.
- Then the loin is wrapped in gauze, covered with thread and suspended from the ceiling for five days. This procedure can be done on the balcony, only it is necessary to additionally protect the meat from flies and other insects.
- After five days, the dish is ready to eat. Experienced cooks advise you to keep such meat for about a month. During this time, it “ripens” and turns into a real delicacy.
- After that, the surface of the meat is greased with melted butter or pork fat and put into the refrigerator. All this will allow you to store the finished product for a long time and not be afraid of chapping the edges.
- Jamon is served on the table cut into as thin pieces as possible. In the homeland of the dish, in Spain, this is a whole art, which the cortadors (masters of jamon slicing) have been studying for a long time.
This recipe for making jamon involves the use of a large number of spices, which give the finished delicacy a unique and incomparable taste. For a spicy ham you need: 2 kg of meat, 0.5 kg of salt, 0.25 kg of sugar, 0.1 ml of vinegar, bay leaf, black pepper, basil, thyme, coriander, rosemary.
A dry-cured loin is made in compliance with the following sequence of actions:
- Washed and dried meat is placed in an enameled dish with a lid.
- The pork is then sprinkled with vinegar and rubbed with a mixture of spices, salt and sugar.
- A small cover is placed on top and a load is placed. After that, the container is placed in the refrigerator for three days.
- Every day, the meat is turned over and the released liquid is drained from it.
- After that, the loin is dried and sprinkled with a mixture of spices again.
- The meat is wrapped with gauze, tied with a strong thread and hung on the balcony.
- If the ham is made during the hot season, then during the day it can be transferred to a cooler room, and returned to the balcony at night.
- After a month of this drying, the ham will be ready to serve.
Slicing and serving
Chopping and serving meat correctly is just as important as preparing it well. To do this, use a special jamoner device. With its help, the ham is fixed and does not slip out.
Under no circumstances should the ham be automatically sliced, as this will ruin it and nullify many years of work. Only a specially prepared cortador can cut this delicacy correctly. With a special tool, he cuts the thinnest slices of meat and puts them on a plate.
You can serve jamon with various additional ingredients:
- hard cheeses;
- smoked fish;
- fresh vegetables;
In Spain, this is most often done with melon. Its pieces are wrapped in long slices of thinly sliced meat and are eaten only by hand. You will greatly offend the Spaniard if you eat jamon with bread. It is best added to salads or when preparing appetizers and meatloafs.
Jamon is a very delicate product that can be spoiled easily. ... With improper storage or non-observance of all the intricacies of cooking, it becomes tasteless and loses its aroma. To get the most out of your ham, consider the following professional advice:
- When making ham from an animal's ham, the skin must not be completely cut off. It not only helps to protect the meat from drying out, but also prevents the aging of the fat.
- For the preparation of a delicacy, it is better not to use very fatty pork, as the salt may not completely salt the product and spoil it.
- When making jamon, it is best to use coarse salt. It draws moisture out of meat much better than shallow ones.
- Using sea salt, which contains natural iodine, helps to disinfect the dish and make it safe for humans. You do not need to use commercially available iodized salt as it has a specific odor that will ruin your delicacy.
- Do not remove white deposits from the surface of the ham. Its appearance is caused by the release of salt, which is a completely normal process.
- Never pierce or cut meat during cooking. Such the slightest "injury" can ruin the whole piece.
- Darkened spots on the surface of the ham are not removed, but wiped with alcohol.
Jamon is a unique and delicious product. Its preparation has been perfected by craftsmen for many centuries, so it is important to follow all their advice. If you do everything right, you can fully enjoy the sophisticated taste of jamon.
Originally posted 2018-04-17 08:27:03.
TOP-6 Recipes for making pork jamon at home: a step-by-step description of how to make a meat delicacy from Spain (Photo & Video) + Reviews
Read also: Harvesting Mushrooms for the Winter - 15 delicious recipes: dried, pickled in jars, salted and other variations for every taste
What is jamon and can you make it at home? Spanish cuisine is varied and combines the traditions and customs of many nationalities from different regions. Of course, meat dishes prevail here, olive oil, herbs, garlic, and wine are very popular.
Spanish jamon - dried pork leg
This is a dried pork leg prepared according to an old recipe in a special way. It is both very simple and very complex. On the one hand, there are only two - the ham of a young pig and salt.
On the other hand, it may take up to two years for the meat to reach readiness, and many different conditions must be observed so that everything is cooked according to the rules and the meat turns out to be tender and tasty. Due to the difficulties associated with the preparation of jamon, this delicacy has a rather high cost.
The price in Russia starts from 7 thousand and can vary up to 100 thousand for one ham
But gourmets and connoisseurs of Spanish cuisine, who can afford such a luxury, do not waste their money - ham not only has a subtle and memorable taste, but also has a number of other indisputable advantages. For instance, jamon meat is prepared in such a way that it contains almost no cholesterol, so it can be classified as a low-calorie meat delicacy.Read also: Cooking beets for the winter - 17 wonderful recipes: very tasty and healthy
Making real jamon is real
A dish prepared according to the classic recipe
What if you are not Spanish or rich, and you still want to try jamon? If you are willing to take the risk and try to make a ham, then our recommendations are for you!Read also: Cooking jelly at home: 20 delicious fruit recipes and blanks for the winter
The basics of cooking
If you take up the preparation of this dish in your apartment, then you must clearly understand that you will not be able to get a classic Spanish ham. Fans of this dish have come up with simplified variations of the so-called quick jamon.
Use coarse sea salt for salting
The priority is the ham of a young pig. Of course, you have to tinker with him, but the result is worth it. It is better for beginners to start with a loin, although the portion of the finished dish will be smaller in comparison with the whole ham, but you can enjoy the dish after a week.Read also: Cooking simple, delicious potato dishes: 18 recipes with photos and descriptions
To prepare the classic raw-dried ham, you only need two ingredients:
- pork leg 4-5 kg
- sea coarse salt
- Take a pork ham (it is better to take the meat of a young pig) and fill it completely with coarse sea salt. A large wooden trough works well for this purpose. But if you do not have one, then adapt any dish of a suitable size. This will preserve the meat, make it environmentally sustainable and keep it from spoiling for years.
- Now we leave the ham to be salted at the rate of about 1 day per 1 kilogram of weight. The room temperature should not exceed 5 degrees, and the humidity should not be less than 80%!
- Then, after this period, you need to rinse the piece of meat with water and place it in the freezer for one and a half to two months.
- During this time, the remaining salt is evenly distributed over the ham and absorbed into it.
- Then we remove the meat from the freezer and hang it vertically for 3-5 months in a well-ventilated room with a temperature of 15-20 ° C and a slightly lower humidity of 70-75%.
- So, comes the final and longest stage of making our ham. Place it in a dark and cool (preferably a basement) room. There, at temperatures up to 10 ° C, the pork leg must languish for 1-2 years before it is completely ready to eat.
- Classic jamon is prepared in several stages. Professional chefs, who know all the subtleties of cooking, carry out a test piercing with a special needle, determine the smell, texture, and evaluate all quality indicators.
Ham in spanish
Wine and cheese are in perfect harmony with this dish.
- 4 kilograms of young pork (pork leg)
- 10 kg of coarse sea salt
- Cut off the fat from the ham. Air dry the meat, then rub generously with salt.
- We place the meat in an enamel bowl with a lid and leave it for 14 days in a cool place for salting.
- Once every two days, turn over the salting ham for uniform penetration of salt along the entire depth.
- After two weeks, take out the ham and rinse off the salt.
- Wrap the ham with a layer of gauze and hang it on a hook for drying and ripening.
- In a suspended state, the meat is kept for about six months. Increase the temperature by one degree every week.
- During the ripening process, excess liquid and fat will be released from the meat. This process is called "ham sweating" by experts.
- After six months, the future ham should be transferred to a cold place until it ripens for 60 to 90 days.
Accelerated Cooking Recipe
Use a long, sharpened knife to cut
The fastest way to cook jamon-style uncooked pork is suitable for those who cannot age the meat in the cellar or attic.
- pork loin - one kilogram
- salt - two kilograms,
- granulated sugar - one kilogram
- spices (mixture of peppers, basil, curry, chopped bay leaves)
- Sprinkle the dried pork loin with salt and sugar.
- We put the pork in an enamel dish, put a load on top, and stand for three days for salting. Turn the pork several times during the day for even salting. Each time we drain the resulting liquid, the salt "draws" the liquid out of the meat.
- After three days, dry the salted pork with a paper towel. Rub with spices.
- Wraps the future ham with gauze, wrap it with a thick thread and hang it on a hook for 4 - 5 days. It is advisable to hang out in the fresh air, on the balcony. After 5 days, it can be eaten, but it is better to hold it hanging for full ripening for about 30 days. In a month, the loin will turn into a real delicacy.
- The dish keeps well in the refrigerator. The shelf life is more than a year. To avoid chapping the edges, the cuts are processed with melted pork fat; ghee is also suitable for this.
- When serving, it is important to cut this sophisticated dish properly. In the homeland of jamon, in Spain, this is done by cutting specialists - cortadors.
To get beautiful slices, you need a narrow, long and sharp-edged knife. Correctly cut slices should be the thinnest, translucent. Such meat simply melts in the mouth, creating a unique aftertaste, for the sake of which all the painstaking preparation was started. Eating a delicacy with bread is considered bad form in Spain. The finest slices of this delicacy are taken by hand.
After a week, you can eat the dish. But if you let it dry for another week, the other taste will improve a lot.
You are a resident of a big city, the pace of your life does not allow you to cook a classic delicacy according to all the rules? It doesn't matter, make a quick analogue of a Spanish delicacy. I must say right away that you don't need to buy a pork leg. It is enough to buy a high-quality loin in the nearest market.
In addition to meat (2 kg) you will need:
- salt - 500 g
- sugar - 250 g
- spicy herbs: coriander, savory, basil, rosemary
- ground black pepper - two teaspoons
- chopped bay leaf - 1 teaspoon
- vinegar 6% - 100 ml.
- Rub a piece of loin with a mixture of salt, sugar and spices, place in an enamel saucepan, drizzle with vinegar. Press the meat down with a weight and refrigerate for 3 days.
- Turn meat daily for better salting, but do not pierce with sharp objects. After each turning, drain the resulting liquid, this salt "draws" moisture from the meat.
- After three days, take out a piece of loin, dry it with a paper towel, rub it again with spices. Wrap the meat with a layer of gauze, wrap it with strong thread and hang it on a hook on the balcony.
- In the summertime, remove the meat during the day and hide it in the refrigerator, and hang it up again at night to dry.
A recipe for those who are not looking for easy ways
If you correctly follow all the points described in this recipe, you will get a wonderful aromatic product and you will not regret the time spent.
But, above all, you will need golden hands, great patience and male help. Let's start creating not just a dish, but a culinary masterpiece. You only need to buy a pork leg (its cost is not high in comparison with the cost of the finished product).
To prepare this dish, you will need:
- high quality pork leg
Cooking is simple, but time consuming.
- First of all, prepare a wooden box, you will need it in order to store the pork leg in it for full salting.
- A fresh pork leg bought on the market, blot with a cloth, scrape off the soot that always remains from the gum process.
- Never wash meat with water.
- Using a sharpened knife, cut out the bone to a round joint. Cut off irregularities. The jamon blank must have a flawless appearance. If there are cuts in the meat preparation, they should be dried with a paper towel, and then sprinkled with salt to prevent the meat from becoming rotten during cooking.
- Pour salt into a wooden box, first stretch a burlap or other fabric that will allow air to pass over the box.
- There should be a lot of salt, it should cover the entire meat preparation completely. Basically, you should drown the pork leg in salt. It is recommended to mark the pork leg with the date and weight of the product.
- After the workpiece is covered with salt, cover with a thick cloth and close the drawer.
- This way, the meat will stand for a full, even salting.
- If the ham used weighs 10 kg, then it should be in the box of salt for two weeks.
Meat after two weeks of salting
- After two weeks, remove the pork piece from the box, shake off the remaining salt.
- You will notice that the meat is slightly wrinkled and the leg looks shrunken. This is normal as the salt has removed the excess moisture from the meat.
- When pressed against the surface, moisture should not be released. After weighing, you will notice that the weight has decreased by 15 - 17% of the original weight.
- We hang the salted pork leg on a hook in a well-ventilated room.
- It is unacceptable that there are foreign odors in the room. The workpiece must be suspended for at least three months.
The whole process of making a ham will take from six to thirty months, depending on how you want to get the result. The optimal time for cooking at home is nine months. After this period, the product fully ripens.
When serving, cut the product with a long, sharpened knife using a special wooden stand called a hamonera
If the temperature in your area does not meet the required standards, then it is advisable to extend the drying process by one month. The finished dish is stored in a suspended state for one and a half years from the moment of the first cut. The incision sites are treated with refined olive oil.
To prevent decay, the sections are dried with a paper towel. The protective cocoon is not removed during storage.Read also: 3 best variations of the classic pickled cucumber recipe, plus Olivier salad and vinaigrette
When is the best time to start preparing a delicacy?
It is recommended to start harvesting homemade jamon in the last days of winter. With this approach, it will not be difficult to meet some important requirements. One of their requirements is: in the process of drying the ham, the temperature should be gradually increased by one to one and a half degrees every week, and the air humidity should be gradually reduced.
These conditions are easy to withstand in central Russia, since these are normal natural conditions for a given time of the year. The temperature of the beginning of the process should be 4 degrees.Read also: Making homemade bread in a bread maker: 10 delicious recipes (Photo & Video) + Reviews
An important point is the fight against flies. With warming, it is necessary to begin an active fight against these insects. You also need to protect the meat from touching. We recommend using a mosquito net with a minimum mesh size, and you also need to prepare the wire for making the frame.
Preparing a protective cocoon net for the ham
To make a shelter from a mosquito net and wire, you will need a nylon thread and a needle for stitching. You must make a protective cap and put it on the meat piece, while it is advisable not to come into contact with the product. In places of contact with meat, rotting can form, which will lead to spoilage of the entire finished product.
Mosquito net cocoon to protect the product from flies, wasps and other insectsRead also: Hawthorn: description, its beneficial properties and contraindications, decoctions and tinctures (20 recipes), preparations for the winter
What to do if mold appears?
You cannot scrape off the mold, just wipe it with a soft cloth and refined olive oil.
Spotting mold? Don't worry, it happens sometimes. In most cases, this simply confirms the fact that the cooking technology was followed correctly, this mold is of noble origin.Read also: 15 homemade cranberry recipes (tinctures, vodka, alcohol, fruit drink, etc.), as well as how to properly freeze and save it
Hamoia slices and black bread
- When making ham from pork ham, you cannot completely cut the skin off. It protects the meat from excessive drying out, and also prevents the aging of the fat. By the way, if pork is very oily, then a thick layer of fat will interfere with salting, salt may simply not penetrate to the bone, there is a risk of spoilage of the product.
- For salting, take only coarse salt. It acts as an adsorbent to remove excess moisture.
- By the way, do you know why sea salt is used for salting?
- The thing is that it contains natural iodine, which works as a natural antiseptic. And yet, the iodized salt that we have on sale will not work, since due to the decomposition of potassium iodide, which is part of its composition, a specific hospital smell will appear. And jamon, as you know, does not like foreign odors.
- If you see a white bloom on the meat preparation, do not try to remove it, it will release salt, this process is quite normal.
- Protect the workpiece from punctures and cuts, as the meat is still raw inside. If there is even the slightest depressurization: a puncture or injury, this will lead to damage to the entire piece.
- If you find darkening on the surface of the ham, treat them with alcohol with light touches with a cotton swab, but do not rip off the darkened areas in any way.
Mistakes and how to avoid them
- Despite the fact that in classic recipes, the skin is not removed from the ham, it is still necessary to remove the skin from the ham when cooking at home. This is what practice shows. The fact is that the skin does not allow salt to penetrate inside. There is a dense layer of fat under the pork skin, which also interferes with the penetration of salt to the bone.
- Salting should be started not in spring, but in early February. The fact is that with the onset of heat, the meat dries quickly, darkens and the salt slowly penetrates inside, moisture does not come out well. Ultimately, the quality of the finished product suffers.
The jamon is ready. Spanish cuisine evening
Spanish cuisine is diverse and combines the traditions and customs of many nationalities from different regions.
Of course, meat dishes prevail here, olive oil, herbs, garlic, and wine are very popular. All ingredients are grown and produced directly in Spain, in its various regions, this is facilitated by the geographical and climatic characteristics of the country.
If you have cooked the most famous Spanish dish at home after a long and painstaking journey, then it makes sense to arrange an evening of Spanish cuisine.
What kind of wine to serve?
Jamon is served with the equally famous Spanish wine - sherry
Sherry is a fairly strong wine, several varieties of grapes are used in the production. Another popular type of wine, which is perfect for a meat delicacy, is Sangria, which is made from dry wine, a red variety, sugar, fruits, various spices, sometimes even an orange are added there. The color of the wine is rich blood red.
In addition to wines, cider, spicy and fruit liqueurs are very popular; they are quite appropriate for an evening of Spanish cuisine.
9.4 Total Score
In general, Spanish cuisine is quite interesting, the dishes are delicious. The Spaniards know how to choose the right wine for each dish, which will set off and complement the chosen meal. The food in Spain is as vibrant, aromatic and colorful as the country itself. We have tried to collect for you the most popular and delicious recipes for making jamon. If you disagree with these ratings, leave your rating in the comments with the reasoning for your choice. Thank you for your participation. Your opinion will be useful to other users.
Relevance of information
Reliability of information
- You can pamper yourself and your guests with such a dish.
- Has a long shelf life
- The cooking process is quite painstaking and time-consuming.
Dried pork leg or ham is distinguished by its first-class taste characteristics. That is why the delicacy has a high value. Advanced chefs have learned how to cook jamon at home, the recipe involves the use of only two components: a young pig ham and salt. It is important to understand that a classic delicacy will never work at home. After all, it takes up to 2 years before the meat ripens. The “quick” jamon is also very tasty.
The delicacy goes well with red wine, cheese, olives and various types of sausages. It can be added to a meat platter and served with beer.
Classic jamon at home: a recipe with a photo
The traditional delicacy is made from ham of pork. Preference should be given to the meat of a young pig. In this case, the appetizer will turn out to be fragrant, tender. If you are preparing a dish for the first time and do not have enough experience, then it is better to take a loin. The portion will turn out to be smaller, but it will be possible to taste the delicacy after a week, and the time for its preparation will be reduced!
Coarse sea salt should be taken. You should not save on this ingredient. After all, you are cooking a delicacy, not ordinary meat in the oven!
- Pork leg - about 5 kg;
- Sea salt - 8-10 kg.
- We wash and dry the ham, put it in a wooden trough or any other container. It is important that the whole ham fits in the dish;
- Sprinkle it generously with coarse sea salt. There is no need to save salt. She is the main preservative. Therefore, it is important that the entire ham is completely covered with salt;
- We send the ham to be salted in a cold dark room for 5 days.
- The temperature should be around 3-5 degrees, the humidity should be at least 80%.
- The salting time is determined as follows: for each kilogram of meat, 1 day is required;
- We take out the meat, rinse it with water and send it to the freezer. There it still ripens for about 2 months;
- We take out the meat from the freezer, hang it vertically with twine and place it in a room with good ventilation for another 3-5 months. Temperature should be 15-18 degrees, humidity 60-70%;
- After that, we send the ham to a dark room with a temperature of 6-9 degrees for another 1.5-2 years;
- Jamon is completely ready to eat. The degree of its readiness is determined with a special needle.
"Quick" pork jamon at home: a recipe from the loin
As a rule, only those who live in houses can make jamon at home. If there is no attic and basement, then it is quite possible to use an accelerated recipe for preparing a delicacy. The meat will be ready in 5 days, but until fully ripe it should be kept for about 30 days.
It is better to dry the loin during the winter period. During this period, the meat takes up salt faster. When preparing jamon in the spring, you should worry about how to protect the meat from insects and flies. The finished dish is perfectly stored in the refrigerator for about 1 year!
- Pork loin - 1 kilogram;
- Salt - 2 kg;
- Sugar - 1 kg;
- Seasoning mixture (basil, curry, peppers, chopped bay leaves) - 3 tablespoons.
- Rinse the loin thoroughly, dry it with a paper towel and leave it for 1 hour at room temperature. During this time, the meat will dry out a little and will be ready for further manipulations;
- We mix salt, sugar. Sprinkle the loin with the resulting mixture and place in an enamel pan. We place the load on top and leave it for 3 days for salting;
- Every 4-6 hours we turn the piece over, and drain the excess liquid;
- After 3 days, dry the loin with a towel, rub it with a mixture of spices, wrap it with gauze, tie it with twine and hang it on a hook. The jamon should be dried in the fresh air for about 5 days. For the delicacy to fully ripen, it is worth waiting 30 days;
- Jamon should be thinly sliced before serving
Homemade spicy jamon: a quick recipe
Drying is a rather lengthy process. But you can always enjoy cooking. The recipe is made from the loin. You just need to choose high quality fresh or chilled meat.
The taste of the product will be more original if you use your favorite spices and seasonings. Bay leaves, a mixture of peppers, rosemary, thyme are ideally combined with meat.
- Pork loin - 1.5 kg;
- Salt - ½ kg;
- Sugar - ¼ kg;
- Ground black pepper - 2 teaspoons;
- Chopped bay leaf - 1 teaspoon;
- Dried basil, rosemary, ground coriander - 1 teaspoon;
- Vinegar 6% - 100 ml.
- The meat is washed, dried with a paper towel, rubbed with a mixture of sugar, salt and spices;
- We remove the piece in an enamel pan and press down with a load. If there is no kettlebell in the house, then you can use cereals in packages;
- We put the meat in the refrigerator for 3 days for salting;
- Turn the meat 3-4 times a day, and drain the excess moisture. This is necessary so that the loin is salted evenly;
- After 3 days, dry the meat, rub it with spices again, wrap it with gauze and tie it with twine;
- We dry the loin for 25 days in the fresh air.
Some tricks for making jamon
If you decide to cook a delicacy at home, then the following recommendations will help you with this:
- Instead of gauze, you can make a shelter from a mosquito net, which is sold by the meter in any hardware store. The mosquito net will not come into close contact with the piece, which will ensure good air circulation;
- Salt should be taken only very coarse. It will act as an adsorbent. Thanks to this, excess moisture will come out faster during salting. Experienced chefs recommend using sea salt, as it contains natural iodine, which acts as an antiseptic. It is better not to use ordinary table salt with iodine, as it will give the meat an unpleasant aftertaste and aroma;
- Pieces should be selected with a thin layer of fat. Thick fat salted out worse. In addition, it will not allow salt to penetrate the bone, which can lead to the risk of spoilage of the product;
- During the drying process, a white bloom will appear on the piece. You do not need to remove it. This is a natural process of salt release;
- Meat must not be punctured or cut during the drying process. Any damage can result in product deterioration;
- If, during the drying process, dark circles began to appear on the piece, then they should be locally treated with alcohol. In no case should you pick off dark spots with a knife.
In Spain, jamon is a dietary product that can be consumed by people of all ages. The delicacy is rich in oleic acid, which is indispensable for the human body. Oleic acid normalizes the rate of metabolic processes and protects the blood from the formation of harmful cholesterol. In addition, moderate consumption of ham slows down the aging process and prolongs youthfulness!
You May Also Like:
The most delicious chicken kebab recipes
Cold appetizer recipes
How to cook a steak: step by step recipes
Canelones with minced meat and béchamel sauce
Do you like our articles? Subscribe and search tasty and healthy ideas on chefmarket.ru 🙂
3 dinners for two with free
delivery for 1990 rub.
The Spanish dish jamon is a dried ham. It is not easy to prepare it, because jamon is valued precisely for its aging, drying can take more than one year. That is why ham is considered an expensive delicacy. It is quite difficult to cook jamon at home, but if you follow all the rules, you can enjoy jerky at home. You will get an analogue, close in taste to real jamon.
The cooking process starts with salting - the legs are filled with a lot of salt, which causes dehydration, the meat dries up, and you only need to use coarse sea salt.
One of the steps in making jamon is to hang the ham. It is important here to protect the meat from insects - either build a special mesh, or wrap the leg with a thin layer of gauze.
You need to store the finished jamon in the refrigerator. If you cut a part from the ham, then the remaining piece must be prepared for further storage - grease the cut with olive oil or cover with a cotton cloth.
At some point, a white coating may form on the meat. It does not need to be removed - it is a natural process. But mold should not be scared either, it is not dangerous, it should be removed with a cotton cloth dipped in olive oil.
This delicacy is usually served with red wine or liqueur, supplemented with hard cheese.
Pork jamonis at home
- This is a classic homemade ham recipe. If you are an adherent of the traditional recipe, then you should be patient - a real jamon has been dried for a single year.
- 4 kg. pork leg;
- coarse sea salt.
- Put some salt in a wooden container.
- Roll the ham in it - the salt should cover it completely.
- Leave the meat in this form for 5 days.
- Brush off the salt. Place in the freezer for 2 months. During this period, the salt will completely penetrate the fibers.
- Hang the shorts upright. It should hang for 4 months.
- At the same time, make sure that the temperature does not rise more than 20 ° C.
After the expiration date, remove the future ham in the basement and keep it there for 1.5 years.
Spanish pork jamon
- There is also a quicker way to make jamon. It is very important to pay attention to the air temperature while the ham is hanging and drying - it should be increased by 1 ° C weekly.
- 20 gr. salt for every kilogram of meat.
- First, let the leg air dry for a few hours to allow excess moisture to dry.
- Rub the leg very liberally with salt and put it in a container, covered with a lid.
- Brush off the salt. Hang your legs in a ventilated room for six months.
After that, put the crust in the refrigerator for another 2 months.
Jamons aromatic herbs
- There is also a quicker way to make jamon. It is very important to pay attention to the air temperature while the ham is hanging and drying - it should be increased by 1 ° C weekly.
- You can dry meat with any spices and herbs. The ukhamona will have a spicy crust, and the meat itself will acquire a piquant aftertaste. By the way, the jamon should be cut into very thin slices. They should be transparent.
- 1 kg. salt for every kilogram of meat;
- 500 gr. sugar for every kilogram of meat;
- dried basil;
- 2 tsp turmeric;
- 2 tsp paprika;
- chopped bay leaf.
- Combine salt, sugar and spices.
- Sprinkle the ham generously with the salt mixture.
- Place in a container, pressing down with a load. Leave it on for 3 days.
- During this time, juice will stand out, it must be constantly drained. Also remember to turn the meat periodically.
After the time has passed, wrap the pork leg in cheesecloth and hang. In this position, the jamon should spend 6 days.
Jamon with rosemary
- There is also a quicker way to make jamon. It is very important to pay attention to the air temperature while the ham is hanging and drying - it should be increased by 1 ° C weekly.
- Vinegar pickles meat, which shortens the drying process.If you value your time and do not want to wait a few weeks, or even available, then use this recipe.
- 100 g sugar for every kilogram of meat;
- 250 g salt for every kilogram of meat;
- 2 tsp black pepper;
- 1 tsp coriander;
- 1 tsp rosemary;
- 50 ml. 9% leg vinegar for every kilogram of meat.
- Rub the legs with vinegar. Let it dry a little.
- Mix sugar with salt, herbs and spices.
- Place the crust in a container, pressing down with a load. Leave for 3 days.
Wrap the leg with a thin layer of gauze and hang it in a ventilated area for 5 days.
Turkey jamon at home
- You can dry not only pork. For example, turkey turns out to be an equally tasty treat. In addition, it is salted much faster than pork, and is also a dietary meat.
- 1 kg. turkeys;
- 1 kg. coarse sea salt;
- 2 tbsp mustard powder;
- 2 tbsp paprika;
- 2 tbsp coriander;
- 2 tbsp black pepper;
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- Remove the skin from the turkey.
- Combine the spices with salt and sugar.
- Spread the mixture liberally over the meat.
- Put in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Wrap with gauze and hang on a hook in a ventilated area for 10 days.
Lamb jamon at home
- Lamb is also good for jamon. Choose only young meat and try to cut the fat as much as possible - it gives the lamb an unpleasant smell. It is better to add more spices to this meat.
- leg of lamb;
- 500 gr. salt for every kilogram of meat;
- 1 tbsp thyme;
- 1 tbsp rosemary;
- 1 tbsp dried garlic;
- 1 tbsp black pepper;
- 1 tbsp basilica.
- Cut off all the fat, remove the veins from the meat.
- Mix all the spices and salt. Rub the leg of lamb with the resulting mixture.
- Put it in the refrigerator for a week.
- After the time has passed, brush off the salt and spices with a brush.
Hang your leg up in a ventilated area. Leave it on for a month.
- This delicate variety of jamon simply melts into the vort. In addition, drying the chicken does not take much time. Spend just a week and enjoy a diet snack.
- 1 kg. chicken fillet;
- 0.5 kg. coarse sea salt;
- 0.5 l. kefir.
- Remove the skin from the chicken, cut off the veins.
- Fill it with kefir and leave for a couple of hours.
- Rinse thoroughly. Rub liberally with salt. Put in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Hang by hook in a ventilated area. Leave it on for 4 days.